Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Crabby

One evening as I was walking down the stairs at home, I accidentally missed a step. And although I didn't go tumbling down like Humpty Dumpty, I did catch myself in a totally jacked up way causing a late-night family trip to the ER. That was fun.

Fortunately, I'll recover full use and strength of my shoulder (one day), but the X-Rays revealed chip fragments in the rotator cuff and a slight dislocation. I took a few days at home to rest and enjoy my meds and then finally sucked it up and returned to work with my lovely sling. The only problem was (besides the fact that it limited use of my dominant arm), the weight of the sling irritated the living crap out of my neck.

So my ever-so-helpful colleagues figured out a cool solution to my problem. GrantBob was kind enough to loan me Mr. Crabby, and Jeff designed a nifty harness that turned him into a should cushion. It was pretty sweet. Thanks guys!

No comments: