Monday, December 29, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
- 1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.
- 2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.
- 3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.
PREPARING FOR THE BIRTH
- 1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.
- 2nd baby: You don't bother because you remember that last time, breathing didn't do a thing.
- 3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month.
- 1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.
- 2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.
- 3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?
- 1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up the baby
- 2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.
- 3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.
- 1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.
- 2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby's bottle.
- 3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.
- 1st baby: You change your baby's diapers every hour, whether she needs it or not.
- 2nd baby: You change her diaper every two to three hours, if needed.
- 3rd baby: You try to change her diaper before others start to complain about the smell or you see it sagging to her knees.
- 1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, Baby Zoo, Baby Movies and Baby Story Hour.
- 2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.
- 3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaners.
- 1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home five times.
- 2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.
- 3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.
- 1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.
- 2nd baby: You spend a bit of every day watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.
- 3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.
- 1st child: When first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the hospital and demand X-Rays.
- 2nd child: When second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for the coin to pass.
- 3rd child: When third child swallows a coin, you deduct it from his allowance!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
But then again, it just wouldn't the same working here if things were to change.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
. . . .wow, maybe Hans is right . . I am getting old.
In that case . . . Get off my lawn!! And cut your hair, young man.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Wow, I sound like such a loser. But oh well. . I had a ball! I spent the weekend with my girlfriend, Shira, at Scrappin' Retreats, where we indulged for 48 hours, cropping, drinking, eating, laughing and sleeping!! But, if you're so inclined, you're welcome to check out the finished products.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
We're all going to the Ale House for lunch . . . SWEET!! I may have to go for it and get the Big Red. Deep fried chicken goodness smothered in hot sauce on a fat hoagie. I know Rich will. :D
And surprise, surpise . . . after lunch, guess what was in the kitchen! :)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008
Many thanks to Dave for the idea! And to Christine for making it happen! :)
Using a nifty little contraption brought in from his house, Grant was able to observe every little microscopic detail going on in my chairs. I'm so curious to see what else Grant has at his house! But I digress. . .
Friday, July 25, 2008
And ironically, the one who shut me out this time was the one who I happened to shut out a little less than a year ago. So thanks, Curt. I guess we should've quit while we were ahead, huh? Er . . rather, quit while we weren't ahead. Hey Rich, why did we foos that third time again??
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Sunday, July 6, 2008
As usual, I took a ton of pictures . . . which you can access from here.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
We started the weekend off at Auburn Sky Bar, a ceiling-less beer joint and one of the most popular hangouts for Auburn's sorority and fraternity kids. (Yeah, I said it . . . kids.) One of our classmate's daughter actually showed up with her friends, reminding us all just how old we really were. It was cute, though . . they actually look more like sisters than mother and daughter. We all got there considerably early for a Friday night (7:00 pm), so we pretty much had the place to ourselves until about 11:00 pm. (Another indication that we're getting old.)
On Saturday, after a tour of our old highschool (which I incidentally slept through), we joined up again at a semi-private pool and spent the afternoon with our kids. Good times! And that night, we got all dollled up for the dinner/dance event at the Auburn Hotel and Conference Center. Tony was a trooper and tolerated my giggling and reminiscing with a ton of people he didn't know. So after about five hours of that, I just didn't have the heart to drag him to the after party. I'm sure it rocked.
Here are a few of the pictures I took at the main event. Enjoy! Now that we're all back in touch, and most of us still have family in Auburn, visiting my parents will take on a whole new flavor.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
They spent the night jamming (loud as they could), eating pizza, cake and candy, watching movies and having girl talk. They actually camped out in the theater, so in all honesty, we barely heard them at all. They had a ball! In the morning, I made pancakes, bacon and smoothies, and Nadia was thrilled to join them and eat with the big girls. It was like she suddenly had 6 older sisters.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
- Stay up as late as you want (without worrying about having to play 'Mommy' in the morning).
- Do what you want to do (in peace) for two whole evenings.
- Not have to think about how to document the configuration of XML files or the uninstallation and migration of new software products.
At least for those glorious few hours, I did nothing but consume chocolate and baked brie and use the other (creative) side of my brain for a change.
Feel free to check out more pages here: Favorite scrapbook pages.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
But since the fish didn't make everyone here happy, they sadly swam away.