Wednesday, September 19, 2007


Yesterday had started out being quite a lovely day. I felt productive at work, had a nice lunch at Chin Chin and was looking forward to going to my exercise class at night.

I left work at the normal time, but unfortunately didn't make it very far. While going through a green light on Hammond Drive (about to cross the bridge for 285), something caught my attention in the rear-view mirror. I diverted my eyes from the road and didn't notice that the cars in front of me had come to a complete stand still. At that point, the crash was inevitable, and four cars in total were involved. Gratefully, no one was hurt. My neck hurts a bit and my headache won't go away, but other than that, no serious harm done. Of course, my car is not so happy. And neither is my husband.

Understandable, I guess. I endured the ride of shame in his car back home, and I'm now going through the annoying process of dealing with insurance adjusters, body shops and car rentals. I'm about ready to pull my hair out. I'm mad that I (of all people) forgot to take more pictures of the crash. Many thanks to Curtis for coming out to the site to check on me, and for using his nifty iPhone to take the picture above.

On the bright side:

  • I remembered to take my camera and computer out of the car before they towed it. (I did, however, forget to take my only cell phone charger.)

  • I still made my class (although I ended up sitting out most of it). That probably wasn't the smartest move on my part.

  • I got to ride in the back of a cop car, which was more comfortable than I would have imagined. (Interestingly enough, I learned that the Sandy Springs cop who brought me back to work not only lives in my neighborhood, but also goes to my church and is close friends with my daughter's teacher.)

  • I learned that kids are totally unphased by the so-called "tragedies" that affect their parents. I don't know if Nadia even noticed the not-so-typical silence coming from the front seat, but she, much like my co-workers, found ways to amuse herself on the ride back home. She took off her shoes and socks and made puppets. Oh, to be two years old again!

1 comment:

SqueakyClef said...

Poor babe. Go see your doctor! :-)